Chitwan: Two children died in a fire at Mainatar of Rapti Municipality-1 in Chitwan district on Saturday.
The house of one Jit Bahadur Rumba in the locality was burnt down in a fire, leading to the death of his three-year-old grandson Suraj and three-year-old granddaughter Manisha Tamang, said the police.
A short-circuit from solar battery is blamed for the incident. Clothing, food items, utensils and other materials in the house were destroyed in the blaze that took place when family members of Rumba were away, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Narahari Adhikari.
The bodies of the deceased have been sent to Bharatpur Hospital for a postmortem. Although the fire incident occurred on Saturday, the fire incident came to light on only Sunday due to geographical difficulties, he said.