8 Indian tourists died in Makwanpur due to suffocation caused from gas heater

Avatar eAdarsha.com Reporter
Jan 21, 2020

Makwanpur, Jan 21: Eight Indian tourists died of suffocation at Panorama Resort at Thaha Municipality-4 in Makawanpur district. Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) of District Police Office, Makawanpur, Yagya Prasad Bhattarai said that the Indian tourists  have died due to suffocation caused from the room gas heater last night.


Among the deceased, four are minors. The dead have been identified as Ranjit Kap, 38; Indra Kap, 34: Praveen, 37: Sariyam 32: Abhi, 5: Archana, 7: Baishnab, 5 and Bandra, 9 from Kerala, according to Police Inspector Lalan Prasad Kurmi. They had booked a single room (101) for all.


Though rescued in unconscious state and being taken to the Kathmandu-based Hams Hospital on a helicopter, efforts to save them became impossible. The Area Police Office, Palung said the tourists had come to the resort on Monday evening from Pokhara.


Share your thoughts

Suggested News

Big News

Shivaratri preps over, Marijuana vaping soars high in Pashupatinath premises